It used to be you had few options for pet care when you traveled or spent long days away from home, you called a friend or neighbor, you asked the kid down the street to watch your furry friend or you took them to the kennel. Over the past 20 years in-home pet sitting has changed our options
There’s No Place Like Home
More than 63% of households in the U.S. have some kind of pet. According to the American Humane Society pets are happiest in their own surroundings amongst familiar smells, sights and sounds. While boarding or kenneling has always been choice it’s not ideal for the pet. It exposes them to a stressful environment that may leave them vulnerable to contracting illness or getting injured.
The Well Meaning Friend or Kid Up the Street
Many have friends or relatives they turn to for pet care help or possibly the kid on the block who pet sits for fun or extra cash. While these are both options they’re not always the best for your furry family member. In most cases these folks are well meaning but they’re not professionals.
A professional pet caregiver offers
- Peace of mind through their education on pet behavior and pet health
- Security to the home, someone is coming and going throughout the day
- Vast knowledge of potential threats and illness
- Contingency plans
- Ability to make split second decisions in the face of danger or an emergency
- Established best standard practices – no compromising health, safety, and security
The graphic illustrates Why You Should Always Use a Professional